Set up in 1969 in Cornwall, Argos Fire Protection has grown over the last 45 years and is now based in Exeter covering the South West and Southern England.
We currently employ eighteen staff, and we are a privately-owned family business.
Argos Fire Protection has been assessed and certified by a UKAS accredited body in respect of our Quality Management System and found to meet the requirements of BS EN ISO 9001:2008.
We are an approved company under the British Approvals for Fire Equipment (BAFE) scheme SP101.
All our engineers are DBS (CRB) checked.
All our staff are fully qualified, and as a company we are committed to a program of continuous learning. We currently have 2 apprentices, and undertake monthly training sessions both in-house and using manufacturers’ specific product training. We encourage all our staff to obtain nationally recognised qualifications in relevant areas.
Below is a selection of qualifications held by some or all of our engineers:
- BAFE ST104 Registered Technicians Scheme
- IFEDA Maintenance and Servicing of Portable Fire Extinguishers
- IFEDA Theory & Practice of servicing dry / wet risers to BS9990:2006
- IFEDA Theory & Practice of servicing Fire Hose Reels to BSEN671:3
- FIA – Fire Detection Design
- FIA – Advanced Fire Detection Design
- FIA – Advanced Fire Alarm Design
- FIA – Fire Detection System Installation & Testing
- FIA – Fire Detection System Maintenance
- FIA – Fire System Commissioning
- FIA – Advanced Fire System Commissioning
- Design, Installation, Maintenance & Recharge of Amerex KP/ZD Restaurant Fire Supression Systems
- City & Guilds 2330 Level 2 & 3 Certificates in Electrotechnical Technology
- NVQ Level 3 Electrotechnical Services
- City & Guilds 2377 Level 3 Certificate for In-service Inspection and Testing of Electrical Equipment
- BTEC HNC in Electrical/Electronic Engineering with Communication Systems
- TYCO R-102 ANSUL Fire Suppression System – Installation and Maintenance
- BT Redcare Installers Training Certificate
- Aico – “Selection, Siting and Installation of Fire Alarm Systems to BS5839:6 and Building Regulations”
- Fireco Ltd Product Training Certificate
Argos Fire Protection is accredited with both the Contractors Health and Safety Scheme (CHAS) and SAFEcontractor. Our engineers have received training in the following areas:
- Principles of Manual Handling
- Principles for Safely Working at Height
- Safe Use of Stepladders
- Asbestos Awareness
- IPAF – Safe Use of Mobile Elevating Work Platforms (Mobile Vertical and Mobile Boom)
- PASMA – Safe Use of portable prefabricated scaffolding towers
We have accounts with the majority of fire industry suppliers and are able to obtain virtually any type or make of fire safety equipment on the market.
Our core suppliers include:
In addition to Public and Product Liability Insurance we also carry Efficacy (Failure to Perform) Insurance, this means that even after the manufacturers guarantee expires, the equipment would continue to be covered by our own insurance should it fail to perform in the event of an emergency. This extra cover is not available from many other companies.